Make a Difference
Your chance to help change an entire industry.
We're seeking domain experts as well as accomplished generalists who can adapt—quickly—to high expectations.
We need hard driving team players who can consistently over-deliver.
We're on a roll and we're looking for people that can see the future like we see it.
(Multiple positions in Washington DC Metro Area, Midwest, Southeast, West)
Demonstrated record of success in the development of new accounts and expansion and maintenance of existing accounts.
Ability to effectively communicate the value of Proofpoint's applications to prospective and existing customers, uncover and prioritize critical business requirements, develop and implement client appropriate sales strategies.
Previous, provable, success in balancing multiple prospects and lead generation activities.
Willingness to travel extensively.
U.S. citizen with ability to pass Federal security requirements
- Engage with client executives
- Serve as the primary customer contact
- Present Proofpoint technologies, demonstrating a deep understanding of software, user interfaces, and system integration
- Create, implement, and execute account plans
- Develop and maintain prospect lists, customer lists and pipeline opportunities, utilizing the company's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System
- Take responsibility for tracking customer information, and generating relevant forecasts and reports
- Outstanding written, verbal, and electronic communication sills
- Polished and professional
- Able to assess, prioritize, and take big risks
- Business development success in one or more of the following industries/verticals:
- Government (Federal, State)
- Military/National Security
- Supply Chain
- Cloud and web-based services
- Business analytics
- Organizational performance
Web Application Developer (.NET, AJAX, SQL)
If you've got skills and can work as part of highly collaborative, virtual team spread across the U.S., we want you!
Job Summary: You'll be responsible for delivering high quality software solutions. You'll be working on multiple projects during different phases of the software implementation life cycle. Regardless of your individual experience, if you are the right person for the job you'll be one who quickly adapts to a changing environment and is willing to take ownership of key technical deliverables on projects for a high quality customer base. The bottom line is that we're looking for a fast learner and quick study.
The Basics - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specifies customer requirements in software terms and translate them into efficient, reliable code.
- Develops and supports enterprise applications, integration services, and reporting packages.
- Participates in the testing process through test review, analysis, and certification.
- Develops and maintains familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Reviews, analyzes and modifies programming systems including coding, testing, and debugging to support company applications.
- Assists in designing and building relational database structures using SQL Server; prepares, implements, and executes scheduled and unscheduled upgrades and installations.
- Independently works through issues and develops solutions under strict timeframes.
- Works in concert with an infrastructure team to support web and application servers.
- Adapts to situations as they arise.
Best Case Education Requirements
Bachelor's/Associates degree OR 3-5 year related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Best Case Experience:
- Professional work experience in developing and testing Windows applications using Microsoft .NET platform including ASP.net, C#, VB.net, and ADO.net.
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server, including writing Stored Procedures, Triggers, views, DTS packages, and performance tuning of SQL queries.
- Professional experience in designing ecommerce web applications including shopping carts.
- Familiar with Industry Standards.
- MS Office and PC proficiency are a must.
- Experience with various reporting applications, IIS Administration is preferred.
- Experience with mobile development is preferred.
Beyond the Basics - Our Expectations: You must be...
- Willing and excited to learn.
- Willing to work hard to make our products and customer experiences better every day.
- Able to prioritize and focus in the face of conflicting priorities.
- An excellent communicator-both written and verbal.
- Willing and able to work extended hours to meet deadlines. Ours is a hard charging environment and we're on a roll.
Day in Your Future Life at Proofpoint:
Wherever you happen to be physically, you wake up and you're "at work". You touch base with the Lead Developer and talk through your current projects, your contributions, and any new feedback from customers (at Proofpoint, client feedback is ALWAYS about new feature ideas and NEVER about bugs or loss of functionality). After your morning routine, you get started on your projects. They might be related to healthcare management, a government project, or an application focused on enterprise performance in Fortune 1,000 organizations.
We'll demand a lot from you, but the nature of Proofpoint provides you with the autonomy to define your workspace. At some point you'll want to take a break: So you grab your bike and head somewhere different with your laptop in your backpack. Relocated, and with a fresh cup of coffee, you get back into your code. During the day, you might need to check in with others on the development team, or do a demo to the sales team or a client. Either way, a lot of people are depending on you, yet you'll be able to meet their needs remotely. By evening, you're back home - having done more in one day than most developers do in an entire week (we hired you because you're great). Before you wrap things up for the night, you exchange texts with the team to find out what's up over the next few days. You grab something to eat and then head out to meet your friends, ready to get after it again tomorrow.